This website is run by Llangynwyd Middle Community Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
• zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
• navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
• navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
• listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
• We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
• you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
• some PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
• you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
• there is a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording for example, please use the details on our contact us page. We will consider your request and get back to you in 15 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that are not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the clerk.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.
2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Clerk, Cheryl John
Post: C/O Maesteg Town Council Offices, Talbot Street, Maesteg, Bridgend. CF34 9BY
Call: 07908 559631
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Llangynwyd Middle Community Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is currently partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
• There may be pages with read more/click here links. See WCAG 2.4 Success Criterion 4.4 (Link Purpose (In Context)
• There may be some pages where HTML isn’t perfectly formed, such as stray end tags. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.1 (Parsing).
• Many of our older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they are accessible to a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
• Some images on the website pages may not have a text alternative, so the information on them is not available to people using a screen reader. See WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). When we publish new content, we will make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
How we tested this website
This website was tested both manually and automatically prior to the writing of this statement. The website was most recently tested on July 28th, 2021. The tests were carried out by Aubergine.
This statement was prepared September 2020.